Valentines is quickly approaching! It is a holiday I have enjoyed, since childhood. It feels whimsical, pink & red colored construction paper hearts, an array of fun candy, cute little notes that come in all shapes and sizes.
I also know it is a day many people feel is only in existance as a harsh reminder that one is single or alone in this world. I have a challenge for you!
Wheather you find yourself in the boat of, I love this holiday and I’m already buying and eating the candy I intended to give to my friends,or I’m not concerned about the day because I have a significant other or I hate this holiday….this challenge is for you!
This Valentines Day 2017, May it be a day to remind ONE person, someone cares, someone notices them, someone see’s the good in them.
We want to be people who look/live like Christ, right? So we must walk every day in and by his spirit.God uses us to show his love, to one another, but we must be attentive and then take action. When someone comes to our minds, that is HIM putting them their, so act on it. If nobody is already on your mind, ask God to bring someone to mind that could really use this in their life right now. You may find, a few people come to mind and if your funds will allow then do something for each one.
However just come up with ONE and then continue below. Perhaps its a close friend, a classmate,someone you see every day but don’t even know, a family member, a co-worker, someone you do not get along with, or the post office worker.
Here are some idea’s of what you could do, depending on $
Super broke, Ideas:
- Draw hearts on the sidewalk with words of love for strangers walking by
- Call or text someone in your life that needs to be reminded of how much they are loved. Do not group text, make it personal
- Re-purpose any piece of paper you have laying around, to write a note, then drop it off at their door, leave it on their desk, stick it in their shoe, etc.
- Spend the day with someone
- Verbally share, how much they mean to you and something you love about them
- Make an Orgami heart (google it)
I think I have some change laying around somewhere, Ideas:
- Find pink/red paper & cut into heart shape, or use pink sticky notes, or find some surface you can write on (be creative), buy an envelope and a stamp
- write something you love about the person on it, seal it, mail or hand deliver
- Buy one little treat to put with your valentine note. Could be a single piece of chocolate, a single flower, perhaps just something you know that person enjoys…don’t forget to draw a heart or something on it :p
- For the cost of a stamp and envelope you get 3 free “you are loved” pins: https://www.youarelovedby.com/
- Buy colorful or fun pattern paper: make small envelopes out of it. Inside each envelope on a little piece of paper, write Scripture truths you think would encourage the person, perhaps make up 5-7 to open one a day for a week
- Walmart sells a bundle of 8 heart shaped lollipops for $1, can’t beat that! That’s 8 people you can bring a smile to their face
- Buy a pack of delicious tea (each tea bag is individually wrapped), add that to your note
The not broke, Ideas:
- Make or buy a valentine card, write something you love about the person on it
- Bake some delicious valentine themed goodies (brownies, cookiebars,etc) . Fun ideas: google 28 sexy brownies to spend Valentines Day with
- Browse the Valentines aisle at walmart or walgreen’s and pick up a few items (perhaps a stuffed animal $4.99 @ walgreen’s), etc.
- Buy carnations and hand them out to your friends or even strangers, $7 for a whole bunch of them at City Market
- Buy these pins: https://www.youarelovedby.com/
**If you are mailing anything, mail it by February 8th at the latest**
What ideas do you have? Drop me a comment below, I would love to hear them